“It is the tourist who travels much who knows the real value of a...good guide...from the fact that, without [one], he is liable to pass through the country in ignorance of its history and scenic wonders.
“Travel is a great educator provided you are a close observer and acquaint yourself with the history of each part of the country you pass through, as it is all rich in history.
--John O'Byrne, Pikes Peak or Bust and Historical Sketches of the Wild West, 1923
Meet the unforgettable "Prairie Dog," Tour Guide to the Pikes Peak Region, well-traveled Western historian, humorist, magician, Chautauqua presenter, itinerary planner, and proud resident of Colorado Springs!
This energetic, witty, real-life character not only hosts all the tours described on these pages, but he is ready to meet you and your group to share his experiences and observations of the West and of the tourists he has met. Come join the FUN!
Prairie Dog offers a wide variety of options including:
• Step on Guide Tour Services for Vans of 14 passengers or more up to 57 passengers Motor Coaches.
• Colorado Springs City tours, Old Colorado City tours, Cemetery tours, Garden of the Gods tours.
• Nature/Birding Tours, Mystery Tours, Simpich Showcase Theater, Garman's Magic Town, and local Ghost Tours.
• Itinerary Planning for your Group, Discounted Group Rates, with the many attractions in the area.
• Prairie Dog's educational and entertaining living history "Chautauqua" Theater Presentations.
• Ask about our generous group discounts!
• Call today for more information and to book your date!
Visit our Magic Website at: MurphysMagicEmporium.com